Monday, May 04, 2009

7 0 6 Safety 9 3 8 2.....

I went to NYC last Thursday to do Make Up & Hair for a friends band who where shooting some press shots and the new album cover... Now the stylist that was hired for the shoot was no good when it came to "style" she ended up pulling really bad pieces for my friend who is the only girl in the band... everything was not her style and extremely unflattering.

Luckily my friend had recently met this designer in a movie theater bathroom and complimented her on her outfit asking where she got her clothes, the designer replied with "I make all my own clothes" ... so of course my friend asked if she would mind lending some pieces for the shoot.

So in walks this timid little girl named Rebecca Turbow carrying two garment bags full of the greatest skirts and dresses along with little black cropped jackets, just a great collection of pieces for my friend. Lets just say the stylist was not too happy that Rebecca walked in with pieces we all were going gaga over but if Rebecca didn't show up my poor friend would have had to wear the crap the stylist had.

In the end the shoot went well after a long battle with the stylist and the shitty job she was doing dressing everyone... I will say there was a lot of weird tension in the Make Up/ Wardrobe room all day because of that. I wish I could find images of all the pieces from Rebecca Turbow's new collection but the pieces she brought to the shoot were all new samples and sadly I lost the new Look Book she gave us.

Here are some images from her Spring '09 Collection... and I hope to see her newer pieces up on her site soon. Rebecca Turbow.com












Rebecca brought some items for us to keep so I got one of these Tanks and a cute Tote Bag, I love them.






Here is a little photo and a Q & A with Rebecca that I found online...



Why gray?
I actually wore turquoise for eight years, but last September, I switched to gray. I’d had a bad year and needed to get out of it.

That’s a big switch.
I like everything to be clean, and gray is clean. Gray is between black and white, so it’s a noncolor, almost. I feel messy and unclean if I wear other colors.

Where do you shop?
I make all my own clothes. I can’t wear anyone else’s.

What about shoes?
That’s hard because even the soles of my shoes have to be gray or white. I get annoyed if the soles are black.

Do you ever miss turquoise?
When I was in turquoise, people would stare at me everywhere I went. It’s still the color of my clothing line, so my business cards and stickers are turquoise. But I’ve separated myself from it, so I’m separated from my work.

Is that a good thing?
Gray is refreshing. My boyfriend says it looks classy. Sometimes he’ll wear black, and I’ll wear silver. I like that; we match.

Does it bother you when other people wear mixed colors?
I like mixed colors on other people. I just can’t wear or make them. I work for the singer of Of Montreal, and he lets me make him wild, monochrome outfits.

Will you wear gray for the rest of your life?
My mom thinks I should branch out, but I can’t imagine that. I don’t know if it’s a condition; I’ve always wondered if there’s a name for it.