Monday, May 25, 2009

Obsession: Rick Owens Leather

Fashion, for me, is more than a hobby.  It's an obsession.  I have obsessions within the obsession.  It's deep on many levels. Usually, every season I fixate on one piece from one collection.  It haunts my dreams and my browser history.  However, one constant addiction I have is that of Rick Owens leather jackets.  It's almost as if each season Mr. Owens, an LA native based in Paris, has read my mind before I even knew what I was thinking.  

The Autumn/Winter 2009 collection is no exception.  Each masterly styled piece will be a wardrobe staple, classic yet strikingly modern.  His overall aesthetic may be a little hardcore for the general public, yet the beauty is that piece-by-piece, they can be incorporated into an effortlessly chic ensemble.  Here are a few examples of what is currently haunting my fashion fantasies.